Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Nagu Saabsan
  • Nala Soo Xiriir
Radio Muqdisho
  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Radio Muqdisho
Home English News

Fighting kills nine in Congo’s eastern city of Bukavu

Mohamed M Hassan by Mohamed M Hassan
4 years ago
in English News
0
Fighting kills nine in Congo’s eastern city of Bukavu
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramShare on LinkedIn

Nine people were killed in clashes in Democratic Republic of Congo’s eastern city of Bukavu early on Wednesday after an incursion by unidentified gunmen, authorities and the army said.

Gunfire was heard in several areas of the city from around 1:45 a.m., but the fighting appeared to have stopped by the afternoon, according to local residents and a Reuters witness.

Related posts

Soomaaliya oo u Hambalyaynaysa Jamhuuriyadda Serbia Maalinta Qaranimada

Somalia Congratulates Serbia on Statehood Day

February 16, 2026
Hay’adda Isgaarsiinta Qaranka oo qabatay kulan wadatashi ah

NCA Holds Consultation on Telecom Consumer Protection Regulation

February 16, 2026

“Thugs and uncivilized people disturbed the peace of our fellow citizens in some areas of the city of Bukavu,” South Kivu province’s governor Theo Kasi in a statement.

Security forces killed six gunmen and captured 36 others, while one member of the police and two soldiers were also killed, he said.

The city was last convulsed by fighting in November 2017, when the army clashed with troops loyal to a renegade general.

More than 120 rebel groups continue to operate across large swathes of eastern Congo since the official end of the civil wars in 2003.

Around 40 fighters entered the city from the north singing songs calling for the liberation the country, said Bob Kilubi, a local army commander.

“Some of them wanted to attack the military camp to loot the ammunition, the army prevented them,” Kilubi told Radio Maendeleo, a Bukavu-based radio station.

It remained unclear who was behind the attack. Kilubi blamed CPC64, a previously unknown armed group. One resident in the Bagira neighbourhood reported seeing a yellow flag with a red border flying from a tree, with the letters “ACN: Action for a New Congo”.

Source: Reuters

Previous Post

Cargo plane go up in flames after landing at Dholow airport

Next Post

Dhageyso Warka Habeen ee Radio Muqdisho

Next Post
Footer

Dhageyso Warka Habeen ee Radio Muqdisho

Madaxweynaha JFS oo shacabka Soomaaliyeed ugu hambalyeeyay bilashada bisha Ramadaan

Madaxweynaha JFS oo shacabka Soomaaliyeed ugu hambalyeeyay bilashada bisha Ramadaan

February 17, 2026
0

Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka Soomaaliya, Mudane Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud oo ugu hambalyeeyay shacabka Soomaaliyeed iyo dhammaan Ummadda Islaamka bilashada bisha barakeysan...

Ra’iisul Wasaare Xamsa oo shacabka Soomaaliyeed ugu hambalyeeyay bilashada bisha Ramadan

Ra’iisul Wasaare Xamsa oo shacabka Soomaaliyeed ugu hambalyeeyay bilashada bisha Ramadan

February 17, 2026
0

Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Xukuumadda JFS, Mudane Xamsa Cabdi Barre, oo shacabka Soomaaliyeed ugu hambalyeeyay curashada bisha Barakaysan ee Ramadaan, ayaa ugu...

Wasaaradda Shaqada XFS oo Muqdisho ku qabatay shirka Isku-duwidda Ilaalinta Bulshada

Wasaaradda Shaqada XFS oo Muqdisho ku qabatay shirka Isku-duwidda Ilaalinta Bulshada

February 17, 2026
0

Wasaaradda Shaqada iyo Arrimaha Bulshada Xukuumadda Federaalka Soomaaliya ayaa maanta magaalada Muqdisho ku qabatay Shirka Isku-duwidda Ilaalinta Bulshada (Social Protection...

Madaxweyne Xasan Sheekh oo kulan qado ah ku maamuusay xubnaha Golaha Mustaqbalka

Madaxweyne Xasan Sheekh oo kulan qado ah ku maamuusay xubnaha Golaha Mustaqbalka

February 17, 2026
0

Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka Soomaaliya Mudane Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud ayaa kulan qado ah maanta ku maamuusay xubnaha Madasha Mustaqbalka ee ajiibay...

LIVE STREAM

KUBIIR ASXAABTEENNA

DHAGAYSO WARKA

Warka Subaxnimo

Warka Duhurnimo

Warka Fiidnimo

Facebook Twitter Telegram Instagram Youtube

TAARIIKHDA RAADIYAHA

Radio Muqdisho waxaa la aas aasay 1951 sagaal sano ka hor xorriyadda dalka, laga soo bilaabo 1960 ilaa maanta waa Raadiyaha kaliya ee Dalku leeyahay, wuxuuna leeyahay keyd weyn oo ay ku jirto taariikhda wadanka.

LASOO DEG APP-KEENA

Categories

  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir

© 2022 Radio Muqdisho

No Result
View All Result
  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir

© 2022 Radio Muqdisho

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In