Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • Nagu Saabsan
  • Nala Soo Xiriir
Radio Muqdisho
  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Radio Muqdisho
Home English News

Ethiopia government says military won’t cross into Tigray

Mulki Abdirahim Hassan by Mulki Abdirahim Hassan
4 years ago
in English News
0
Ethiopia government says military won’t cross into Tigray
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramShare on LinkedIn

For now, Ethiopian troops will stay in two liberated regions and not cross into the war-ravaged northern region of Tigray, a government spokesman said Thursday, a day after humanitarian sources said air strikes hit a key Tigrayan power station.

But the government will take whatever measures necessary to ensure the party ruling Tigray – the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) – does not present a threat, government spokesman Legesse Tulu told a news conference.
“As per our current assessment, the enemy has been heavily hit and is no longer capable of executing its wishes,” said Legesse.

Related posts

PRESS RELEASE;Federal Government Reaffirms Right to Peaceful Assembly and Warns Against Violent Political Mobilization

PRESS RELEASE;Federal Government Reaffirms Right to Peaceful Assembly and Warns Against Violent Political Mobilization

May 10, 2026
Wasiirka Gaashaandhigga XFS oo kormer ku tegay xarunta (AUSSOM) ee Baydhabo

Somalia Defence Minister Visits AUSSOM Sector 3

April 6, 2026

The TPLF and the federal government and its allies have been at war for over a year. Government forces stayed in Tigray for the first eight months of the war, before withdrawing in June following heavy battlefield casualties.
Tigrayan forces then invaded the Amhara and Afar regions in July, saying they wanted to break a humanitarian aid blockade on Tigray but withdrew this month after also suffering heavy battlefield casualties. The government has denied U.N. accusations it blocked food aid into famine-hit Tigray.

Air strikes in Tigray have continued. On Wednesday, an air strike hit a power substation in Mekelle, the Tigrayan capital, regional media and two humanitarian sources there said. One source said colleagues had been in a hospital with injured workers from the substation.

The strike jeopardizes power access in the northern region, already scant following 13 months of conflict with the federal government.

Neither Legesse nor military spokesman Colonel Getnet Adane responded to requests for comment on the strike.

Power across Mekelle had been off since the strike, the humanitarian sources told Reuters.

Access to the national electricity and communications networks was shut down in Tigray after federal forces left the region in late June. Tigray has had extremely limited access to regional power supplies since then. The United Nations has urged the Ethiopian government to restore electricity to the region.

Tigrai TV, a media outlet controlled by the Tigray state government, broadcast footage of what it said was the aftermath of Wednesday’s substation strike, showing broken glass and charred power lines. The channel interviewed a technician at the substation who described two drone strikes.

The conflict in northern Ethiopia has killed thousands, displaced millions, and pushed 400,000 people in Tigray towards famine. The TPLF and the federal government blame each other for the war.

The TPLF accuses Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed of wanting to centralise power at the expense of the regions, which he denies. The federal government accuses the TPLF – which used to dominate national politics for nearly three decades – of trying to reclaim power, which it denies.

Source Reuters.

Previous Post

Madaxa la dagaalanka musuqa oo ka warbixiyay waxqabadka guddigaasi

Next Post

Xukuumadda oo beenisay dacaayado ka dhan ah Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Dalka

Next Post
Xukuumadda oo beenisay dacaayado ka dhan ah Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Dalka

Xukuumadda oo beenisay dacaayado ka dhan ah Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Dalka

Soomaaliya oo soo dhaweysay bayaan wadareedka Wasiirrada Arrimaha Dibadda Islaamka ee Qarannimada Soomaaliya

Soomaaliya oo soo dhaweysay bayaan wadareedka Wasiirrada Arrimaha Dibadda Islaamka ee Qarannimada Soomaaliya

May 24, 2026
0

RADIO MUQDISHO:-Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dibadda iyo Iskaashiga Caalamiga ah ee Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka Soomaaliya waxay soo dhoweynaysaa bayaanka wadajirka ah ee ay...

Bayaan wadajir ah oo lagu cambaareynayo furitaanka sharci-darrada ah ee waxa loogu yeeray “Safaaradda Somaliland” ee Magaalada Qudus

Bayaan wadajir ah oo lagu cambaareynayo furitaanka sharci-darrada ah ee waxa loogu yeeray “Safaaradda Somaliland” ee Magaalada Qudus

May 24, 2026
0

RADIO MUQDISHO:-Wasiirrada Arrimaha Dibadda ee dalal badan oo Islaami ah ayaa si adag u cambaareeyay tallaabada ay maamulka Somaliland ku...

Hay’adda Socdaalka iyo Jinsiyadda oo war kasoo saartay cabashooyin ka yimi safarrada dalka Masar

Hay’adda Socdaalka iyo Jinsiyadda oo war kasoo saartay cabashooyin ka yimi safarrada dalka Masar

May 24, 2026
0

RADIO MUQDISHO:-Dowladda Federaalka Soomaaliya ayaa si kumeel gaar ah u hakisay in Dalka Masar loogu safro oggolaanshaha safar ee loo...

Safaaradda Soomaaliya oo ee Shiinaha oo soo agaasintay Xuska Maalinta Afrika 

Safaaradda Soomaaliya oo ee Shiinaha oo soo agaasintay Xuska Maalinta Afrika 

May 24, 2026
0

Safaaradda Soomaaliya ee Shiinaha ayaa sanadkaan si heer sare ah u soo agaasintay xuska Maalinta Afrika (African Day), oo lagu...

LIVE STREAM

KUBIIR ASXAABTEENNA

DHAGAYSO WARKA

Warka Subaxnimo

Warka Duhurnimo

Warka Fiidnimo

Facebook Twitter Telegram Instagram Youtube

TAARIIKHDA RAADIYAHA

Radio Muqdisho waxaa la aas aasay 1951 sagaal sano ka hor xorriyadda dalka, laga soo bilaabo 1960 ilaa maanta waa Raadiyaha kaliya ee Dalku leeyahay, wuxuuna leeyahay keyd weyn oo ay ku jirto taariikhda wadanka.

LASOO DEG APP-KEENA

Categories

  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir

© 2022 Radio Muqdisho

No Result
View All Result
  • Bogga Hore
  • Wararka
  • English News
  • Barnaamijyada
  • Shaqooyinka
  • Nala Soo Xiriir

© 2022 Radio Muqdisho

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In